Relaxation massage is a rhythmic flowing massage allowing the client to drift away into a state of restfulness. Stress is an increasingly dominant factor when it comes to ill health, not just physically or mentally but also emotionally. Our lifestyles are becoming increasingly busier, yet we all still have the same 24 hours in a day. We often forget to take the time out for ourselves to unwind, and de stress which may have some serious health side effects.
Most of the massage therapy treatments provided at Central City Health Professionals can create a state of relaxation but our relaxation massage is aimed specifically at relaxing our client.
The smooth firm strokes provided by our qualified massage therapists will not only help with stress reduction and melt muscle tension but also calm the mind. Relaxation massage can have many important and different health benefits.
Some of the benefits of relaxation massage are:
- Alleviates stress and anxiety as well as relieving muscle tension and stiffness.
- Improves circulation of blood and lymph fluids, allowing oxygen and nutrients to be delivered to the cells.
- Strengthens the immune system function and response allowing wastes to be removed.
- Massage stimulation to the skin enhances its health and nourishment as well as improving its tone.
- Improves the quality of sleep allowing the heart rate to slow and blood pressure to reduce.
- Promotes a relaxed and refreshed state of mental alertness, increasing awareness.
Massage involves healing by touch. Working with the soft tissues of the body including the muscles, tendons and ligaments, the massage therapist helps the body improve the functioning of joints and muscles, as well as promoting circulation and general body tone and relieving mental and physical fatigue.